Milwaukee MA887 Seawater Digital Refractometer
Thousands of saltwater aquarium enthusiasts have dialed in the analysis with Milwaukee’s salinity refractometer. No more visual readings. Get a digital readout within seconds accurate to ±2 ppt with automatic temperature compensation (ATC).
The Milwaukee MA887 Seawater Digital Refractometer has 3 different types of user select-able scales for providing a much more precise evaluation. Each scale is temperature compensated and easily calibrated using distilled water.
- PSU – The newest type scale standard – Letters stand for Practical Salinity Units and is fast become the universal standard for seawater measurement
- PPT – The old standard of Parts Per Thousand of saturated salt. This is the oldest of the 3 seawater measurements scales
- S.G. – The current standard of Specific Gravity hydrometers and refractometers.
- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LCD readout
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample needed and results less than 2 seconds
- Automatically temperature compensated
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or de-ionized water
- Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as “dust tight” and protected against water jets
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included)
- Range: 0 to 50 PSU: 0 to 150 ppt | 1.000 to 1.114 S.G. (20/20) | 0 to 80°C / 32 to 175°F
- Resolution: 1 PSU | 1 ppt | 0.001 S.G. (20/20) | 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±2 PSU | ±2 ppt | ±0.002 S.G. (20/20) | ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light Source: Yellow LED
- Measurements Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample Volume 100 µL (cover prism totally)
- Sample Cell Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Case Material: ABS
- Battery: Type 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 readings
- Auto-shut off: After 3 minutes of non-use
- Enclosure Rating: IP65
- Dimensions Meter: 7.6 x 4 x 2.64 inches (192 x 102 x 67 mm)
- Weight Meter: .93 lbs. (0.42 kg)
- Dimensions Package: 11 x 6.8 x 4.6 inches (268 x 172 x 118 mm)
- Weight Packaged: 1.46 lbs. (0.66 kg)
This is the type of accuracy demanded by today’s professionals and Milwaukee Instruments delivers.