The Milwaukee MW102 PRO+ pH meter has won fans around the world with its reliable, fast and simple operation as well as its toughness. Accurate to0.02 pH with automatic temperature compensation. Ideal for use by brewers, wine makers, aquarist, growers and other users with challenging pH measurement needs.
The digital Milwaukee PRO+ pH Meter is preferred by people testing samples that cause other pH testers and meters to fail from brewers, and wine makers to aquarist, and hydroponic growers and farmers.
The Milwaukee PRO pH meter offers:
People choose the digital PRO+ pH Meter to improve the accuracy of their pH testing program. With two point calibration, the meter can be quickly calibrated to a higher accuracy compared with one point calibration. The MW102 meter is accuracy to0.02 pH. 5x more accurate than some alternative meters.
The meter comes with both a pH probe and temperature probe allowing the meter to automatically adjust the pH reading for the effect of temperature.
The temperature probe can also be used as a very accurate thermometer.
The rugged, digital pH meter is built to take knocks.
The PRO+ pH meter comes with the Milwaukee SE220 pH probe. The SE220 is Milwaukee’s top selling lab grade electrode for a reason. Designed to be both low maintenance (gel filled) and able to withstand more challenging samples (double junction). The SE220 is ideal for use in beer making, wine making, aquaiums and hydroponics.
- Fast easy to read results with large digital LCD readout
- Extreme accuracy to ±0.02 pH and extended range (-2.00 pH to 16.00 pH)
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy measurement: just place the probe in the sample, gently stir and wait for the reading to stabilize
- Simple push button, automatic two-point calibration for increased accuracy
- Gel-filled, double junction lab grade pH electrode for low maintenance and high performance with a screw on cap to ensure proper storage
- Rugged stainless temperature probe
- 3 feet probe cables for extra flexibility when testing
- Auto shut off and low power demand with approx. 300 hours of continuous use (battery included)
Care and Use
pH meters usually start performing poorly because of problems with the probe. The two parts of the pH probe that cause problems are the glass sensing bulb and the reference junction.
The glass bulb loses sensitivity with use and will eventually fail. This is true of all pH probes.
The reference junction is a small hole that allows the meter to compare the sample to a reference. The reading is generated based on the electrical difference between the sample and reference. If the junction hole gets clogged, the pH electrode will no longer function.
You can extend the life of your pH electrode in the following ways.
Cleaning and Storage
All pH sensors have a limited life and response time gets longer with age. Properly maintaining your pH pen tester will give you fast, accurate results for longer. So, be sure to order the Milwaukee pH Maintenance Kit code PH-Main at checkout time! This will be needed to help clean and condition the pH electrode before use!
The pH probe needs to be kept hydrated. Long periods of dry storage will damage the sensitivity of the probe. Allowing the probe to dry out may also result in the junction hole getting clogged.
Storing in pH probe storage solution MA9015 or pH calibration buffers will help address both these issues. Do not store in tap water and DI water. This will damage the sensitivity of the probe.
The best way to store the probe is with the probe’s cap filled with storage solution or calibration buffer and the cap tightened to prevent leakage. It is also recommended that to store the electrode upright to further reduce the potential for leakage.
Residue from the sample can impact the sensitivity of the sensing bulb and clog the junction. This is especially true if the sample has a lot of organic material. We recommend regularly soaking your electrode in cleaning solution MA9016.
The pH sensing bulbs become less sensitive over time so make sure that you are calibrating regularly to keep your PRO Plus pH meter accurate. Also, calibrate after cleaning or a long period of storage.
- pH Range: -2.00 to 16.00 pH
- Temp Range: -5 to 70°C
- pH Accuracy ±0.02 pH
- pH Resolution: 0.01 pH
- pH Typical EMC Deviation: ±0.2 pH
- Temp Resolution 0.1°C
- Temp Accuracy (@25°C): ±0.5°C
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic, 0 to 70°C
- Temp Typical EMC Deviation: ±0.5°C
- Calibration: Automatic, 1 or 2 points
- pH Electrode: SE220 (included)
- Temperature: Probe MA830R (included)
- Environment: 0 to 50°C / 32 to 122°F; max RH 95%
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 300 hours of continuous use
- Auto-off: After 8 minutes of non-use
- Approximate dimensions: 5.7 x 3.1 x 1.6 inches
- Weight: 1.1 lbs with battery
Thank you for considering Milwaukee to help you take your results to the next level.